Use of Your Information
Norton will not sell or licence personally identifying information to third parties except as required by law. Although we may provide your personally identifying information to our business partners as described below, we will not sell or rent your personally identifying information as part of a customer list or similar transaction unless you have given us your express permission to do so.Norton may use your personal information in the performance of any contract we enter into with you, to comply with legal obligations or where Norton has a legitimate business interest in using your information to enhance the services and products we provide.
Legitimate business purposes include but are not limited to one or all of the following: providing direct marketing and assessing the effectiveness of promotions and advertising; modifying, improving or personalising our services, products and communications; detecting fraud; investigating suspicious activity (e.g. violations of our Terms of Service) otherwise keeping our site safe and secure; and conducting data analytics.
In addition, we may use your information in the following ways (after obtaining your consent, if required):
- To provide you with information about products and services that you request from us
- To send you catalogues from Norton
- To provide you with information about other products, events and services we offer that are either (i) similar to those you have already purchased or inquired about, or (ii) entirely new products, events and services
- For internal business and research purposes to help enhance, evaluate, develop and create Norton websites (including usage statistics, such as "page views" on Norton's websites and the products therein), products and services
- To notify you about changes or updates to our websites, products, or services
- To administer our services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, statistical and survey purposes
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service
- For any other purpose that we may notify you of from time to time
Personal information will not be kept longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. This means that, unless information must be retained for legal or archival purposes, personal information will be securely destroyed, put beyond use or erased from Norton's systems when it is no longer required or, where applicable, following a request from you to destroy or erase your personal information.