A responsive, refreshed, and media-rich revision of the best-selling anthology in the field.
The most trusted anthology for complete works, balanced selections and helpful editorial apparatus. The Tenth Edition supports survey and period courses with new complete major works, new contemporary writers and dynamic and easy-to-access digital resources. New video modules help introduce students to literature in multiple exciting ways. These innovations make the Norton Anthology an even better teaching tool and an unmatched value for students.
With improved ease of use, the Tenth Edition features:
- Six new contemporary authors (Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Simon Armitage, Anne Carson, Kazuo Ishiguro, Caryl Phillips, and Hilary Mantel)
- Five new complete longer works (Shakespeare’s Othello, Milton’s Samson Agonistes, Swift’s Gulliver’s Travels, Sterne’s A Sentimental Journey and Dickens’s A Christmas Carol)
- New selections throughout
- 25 new video modules (featuring the book’s editorial team), which take students behind the scenes of literature
- The NAEL Archive, a new website that provides thousands of instructor and student resources in one easy-to-navigate space