A clear and comprehensive guide to using EMDR in clinical practice.
- A comprehensive compendium of EMDR interventions for Depression, it begins with Robin Shapiro’s Assessment, Trauma-Based and Endogenous Depression chapters, continues with Jim Knipe’s Shame-Based Depression chapter, and ends with Shapiro’s Attachment-Based chapter.
- The eight chapters of the Eating Disorder unit cover all the bases. From etiology to neurology through Preparation phases and treatment strategies, you’ll learn how to work with Bulimia, Anorexia, Body Dysmorphia, Binge Eating Disorder, disorders of Desire and more. Andrew Seubert is the ring leader. The other writers are Janie Scholom, Linda Cooke, Celia Grand, DaLene Forester, Janet McGee, Catherine Lidov, and Judy Lightstone.
- Performance, Coaching, and Positive Psychology unit emphasizes strengths, skills, focus, and whatever gets in the way of reaching the goal. David Grand shares his foundational 15 Strategies for Performance enhancement. Ann Marie McKelvey integrates EMDR with Coaching and Positive Psychology.
- The Complex Trauma unit includes Katie O’Shea’s useful and user-friendly Preparation Methods and Early Trauma Protocol, Sandra Paulsen and Ulrich Lanius’s brilliant collaboration Integrating EMDR with Somatic and Ego State Interventions, Liz Massiah’s hair-raising Intrusive Images chapter, and Shapiro’s treatment strategies for OCPD.
- Robin Shapiro gives an overview of Medically-Based Trauma and her strategies for successful treatment of Multiple Chemical Sensitivities. Katherine Davis shows us how Post-Partum “Depression” is often treatable Post-Partum PTSD.
- Ronald Ricci and Cheryl Clayton tell us how to use EMDR in our work with Sex Offenders and their complete therapeutic milieu.
- Martha S. Jacobi develops our “third ear” for using EMDR with Religious and Spiritually-Attuned clients.
Contributors include: Cheryl Clayton, LCSW, Linda J. Cooke, LCSW, BCD, DaLene Forester, PhD, LMFT, David Grand, PhD., The Reverend Martha S Jacobi, M.Div., LCSW, Jim Knipe, PhD, Dr. Ulrich Lanius, Catherine Lidov, MSW, LCSW, Judy Lightstone, PhD, MA, MS, Elizabeth Massiah , MSW, RSW, Reg. Psychologist, Janet McGee, LCSW, Ann Marie McKelvey, LPCC, PCC, Katie O’Shea, MS, LMHC, Sandra Paulsen, PhD, Ronald J. Ricci, PhD, Janie Scholom, BSN, LCSW, Andrew Seubert, LPC, NCC.
"Robin Shapiro has assembled an impressive group of experienced EMDR practitioners who combine creative ideas with their solid understanding of EMDR to offer guidance to therapists working with diverse client populations. EMDR Solutions II provides EMDR therapists with a wealth of practical information and techniques. It is a welcome addition to the EMDR literature." — Laurel Parnell, PhD, author of Transforming Trauma: EMDR
"For those in pursuit of cutting-edge strategies using EMDR with complex and diverse populations creatively served up, I encourage you to embrace this treasure trove of gifts by some of our most well-respected EMDR clinicians/authors." — Journal of EMDR Practice and Research